We are in a recession. Americans are losing their jobs and foreclosures in every state have increased substantially. In and act to stimulate the economy the government is working on a package that will give U.S. taxpayers several hundred dollars. You will receive $600 if you are single and $1200 if you are married, plus possibly $300 per child. To some Americans that is not much and to others it is an extra paycheck to help them get caught up. I think some people will blow the money, but so many people need this money to get back up on their feet. The budget deficit will jump to $250 billion; however if they do not give the package away then the economy will continue to decrease anyway. The way I see it, they can use this package to stimulate the economy and improve it and in the long run , or they can watch the economy continue to go down. I am impressed by the idea and I am proud to be a part of this country that would grant this opportunity to it's citizens to help rebuild it's financial future. I believe this article is important to a large portion of this country because the majority are taxpayers and this applies to taxpayers.
http://www.statesman.com/search/content/shared-gen/ap/US_Congress/Economy_Stimulus_Glance.html
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment